Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have either carter 600 or 650 carborator.
it has two adjusting screws in the front.does anyone know of a good manual i could buy or could anyone tell me how many turns for each screw.i have tried to tune by ear but my 66 still runs kind of rough.
also what do you guy's think of the "split fire" spark plugs?should i use these with the mallory electronic ignition?

·
Registered
336 Posts
on the splitfire plugs: ive heard that they are a waste of money on anything with more than 2 cylinders.

i personally know people that have installed them in their cars 4-8 cyl. and they say they notice NO difference whatsoever.

i also know folks who have installed them on their dirtbikes, quads, etc and say it makes a bit of an improvement

also i had an auto class at the local college with a mechanic who brought in a split fire that had the outter metal peice with the threads completely "unglued" if you will, from the center ceramic peice.. you could spin the center around all day long..

so anyways i really wouldnt waste your money if i was you. but if youre commited to getting some fancy plugs how about them bosch 4-way plugs? those are kinda neat looking
but expensive.

my opinion. sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and try for yourself i guess

mike

·
Registered
622 Posts
There is currently a class action suit against splitfire for false advertising. Apparently they could not back up their (IMO - False) claims.You will see this in some magazines with offers of discount prices and other merchandise for past purchasers of Split Fire.NOTE; they do NOT admit any wrongdoing.
As with all "high performance" accessories, ones perception of performance increase is probably much more than actual. My yellow coil made me feel like the car was goin like a bat out of hell.
In my opinion, splitfire is bull.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.