Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
975 Posts
hmmmmm good question, can't think of anything really. I buy quite a few for hobby put togethers, all have turned a decent profit. Back when I was really really really poor...instead of just poor I bought a couple due to finances, that I didn't care for but didn't lose on them, they were good cars...but not "cool" cars like I have now. To me I consider a regretful car as one that you thought was a good one and it bit you afterwards

· Registered
24 Posts
I've owned 186 cars total and I only lost money on 2. One was a 1976 dodge aspen that i paid $75 as a winter beater to keep my 1970 GTX off the road. It broke a control arm and I left it on the side of the road. 2'nd was a 1992 Bronco I bought new. Lost about 10k on that one. Thats why I hate Fords :D Those are the only two I regret buying.

bob

· Premium Member
3,263 Posts
1992 Ford Taurus.

Consumer Reports said it was good and reliable. So I bought it for a family car. The next CR came out the following month and it said "stay away". :mad:

We replaced the head gaskets, three alternators, starter, power window, A/C twice, starter wire, rear disc brakes kept siezing up (three sets), radiator, water pump, gas tank leak, power mirrors broke, muffler fell off. Wore out a couple pair of coveralls working on this pig. :angry:

Final straw... taking the family to Disneyland, driving from Vancouver to Seattle for a cheaper flight. Around Everett something changes and it just feels funny. Keep driving to our Hotel for the night, check in and come out to move the car to the parking lot and the transmission is completely done. I leave it there and we go on vacation. Come back, rent a Van, and I tow the Ford to a tranny shopand abandon it. I throw the keys through the mail slot in the door and mail him the title. What a great feeling of relief to get rid of that money pit. :yes:

Never ever going to buy another new Ford, they lost me forever. Cancelled my subscription to Consumer Reports too.

· Registered
850 Posts
SAAB!!! Never own one is a hot climate!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
471 Posts
Uhhh...I hate to admit this but it was a 1988 Renault Medallion. I thanked God every day I owned it that I bought the extended warranty for $350 (with no deductible!). Two head gaskets, window motors, transmission cooler, faulty brake calipers, etc., etc.,. Besides the fact that I had the warranty the only other saving grace was that it was the wife's car...:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
3,509 Posts
A 1987 K5 Blazer that was just painful...
DITTO
What a piece of crap mine was. Transmissions were supossed to be upgraded, mine was not- rebuilt twice in 35,000 miles. Rusted out before 50,000.:mad:

· Registered
1,042 Posts
Mercedes C-240 -- absolute piece of crap. In the summer with the A/C on, the car would barely move (not an exaggeration). Bought the car with ~9,000 miles on it, and in the course of about a year, it was in the shop for:
- New sway-bar link-ends
- New mass-airflow sensor
- New fuel injector rail
- New trunk latch mechanism
- New window regulator
- New rear differential
- Towed to the dealer twice!

I would have had better luck with a plain-Jane Hyundai. Mercedes bought the car back, and put me in a CLK 430 -- no problems in over two years. Stay away from the C-Class cars (C-230, C-240, C-320, C-280, C-350). The AMG C-32 is the only C-Class I would consider. CLS and CLK cars are in a different class in both performance and reliability, and I'd take anything from these two classes in a heartbeat.

Dave

· Premium Member
1,193 Posts
my regret was a 91 chevy berretta GTZ.when i bought the car it was black with gray interior,lowered,tint all the way around,only 3 years old and 33k on the car.man did i think that car was cool looking.
with in one year i spent 8k out of my own pocket in repairs on that car.......ouch you name it on that car it broke after the 36k mile warrenty was up.Damn and i love chevy to but that car was the biggest lemon and POS that i have EVER owned...................:mad:

· Premium Member
12,565 Posts
I bought a 1977 Dodge 1/2 ton van brand new. I can't say I regret buying it but it was a real P.O.S. I think I replaced every possible part on it. By the time it had 75K I had to sell for $500.00. I also bought a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville brand new. Wasn't impressed at all. Traded it in by 2003. It was a big let down over the previous new Bonneville that I had owned which was a 1988.

· Registered
24 Posts
98 VW New Beetle. I will never buy another VW product again. Only redeeming value was it was leased so we got to give it back to em.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.