Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I,m ready to install new carpet in my 67 . Do the front seat legs go directly on top of the carpet or do you make slits in the carpet to hide the legs. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
The originals had slits and a rectangular opening around the leg. Of course, in an effort to improve on this, I just bolted the seat down on top of the carpet and had to pull the seat to remove a rain-drenched carpet. I now recommend the original type of slit and square.

·
Registered
543 Posts
the factory cut kind of a "flap" in the carpet and folded it back for the bolt. I asked the trim shop that did my seats, and ended up making a "v" about size of cigarete pack, be sure to use sharp knife and trim the jute padding. measure twice and cut once,

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hope its not too late to tell you this.
The proper way to do this is.
1,Lay carpet into position and locate holes.
2,make a 1.5 inch cut about 1 inch from the stud or hole.This cut will be made across not front to back. and on the under seat side of the hole.At each hole or post.
3,Cut the carpet front to rear,from each cross slit to the underseat seam.
4,Roll back carpet and bolt seat on floorpan
5,stuff rear then front carpet under seat.
The carpet should now cover the bolts keeping them hiddenand all cuts should be almost invisible.
Too clear up what the cuts should look like
they should look like Capital I's with a dot(the hole) above and below the crosses.

------------------
Philip Mullaly
72 TPI El Camino

1 - 4 of 4 Posts