Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please look under your bench seats please :)
There is a big rectangle of carpet (approx 1 x 3 feet) missing under my front bench!

I first thought my carpet didn't match on my 71 chevelle. If I take the bench out and put in buckets, I would have to find a piece to match in the blank spot over the drive shaft hump. This is normal? Saw the same problem in another 71.

------------------
http://compcanlit.ca/malibu/

[This message has been edited by jtjohnston (edited 08-14-2002).]

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 67 with a bench and the carpet covers everything from the firewall to the front of the rear seat, with no cutouts. Good luck.

------------------
1967 Chevelle SS (Butternut Yellow!)

·
Registered
886 Posts
The original carpet was/is two pieces...one for the front and one for the rear floor. On bench seat cars, the front carpet didn't extend all the way under the front seat, so it's not a "problem". That's the way they were made. Well, OK, it's a problem if you change to buckets 'cause you'll have to replace the front carpet or get one of the molded one-piece replacement carpets.

·
Registered
543 Posts
thats the way my montes were made from the factory. now I cannot say on Chevelle becase both of my 70's were bucket seat cars

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Welcome to the site!

So great to see another 4dr

Drop me an E-Mail when you get bored

About the carpet.. In my 72 it didn't have any rectangle missing.. It was normal..

------------------
Shai
1972 Chevelle Malibu custom 4dr
Site updated June 22nd.
[email protected]
TC GOLD member #1278

1 - 6 of 6 Posts