Team Chevelle banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim from NC . Looking for my 72 Chevelle Carolina blue ( special paint promotion ). Any help will be appreciated and compensated if that is proper for this site? Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,261 Posts
I just saw that a guy recently picked up either a 71 or 72 Chevelle convertible in the Carolina Blue. The car needed to be restored. It probably was on a Chevelle site on Facebook which I am no longer on.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I was able to get into Facebook and found the article. It is on the Facebook Team Chevelle website which is different than this one. Supposedly the car is a 71 but has 72 front marker bezels on it. The car has a dealer emblem on the trunk lid from Everett Chevrolet in NC.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Another picture with the car on a trailer in front of the dealer.

Reactions: LarrFred

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
This car is a 71 with a 72 grill. It is a real "Carolina Blue" LS5 Convertible built at the Arlington Texas Plant. From what I have found most Carolina Blue cars were from the Arlington Plant.
Either on TC or the Yenko site this car was discussed and someone replied that they had a 72 LS5 Carolina Blue Convertible. That may be your car. Couldn't have been many made.
Good Luck - Keep Us Posted!

Correction......Found post on the Yenko site. Member made reference to a LS5 Coupe not Convertible. With years of staying on top of the W Code Convertibles no "Carolina Blue" examples have been found. Out of the 32 found only one is special order paint. It is Dunbar Blue.

Yenko Post:
"Very neat car and nearly identical to my hardtop version.

My 72 SS 454 is also Carolina Blue, built at the Arlington plant and sold new at Modern Chevrolet in Winston Salem, NC."

Reactions: HKalin

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
That looks like a fun project! Nice
It's not my project I just remembered that I had seen one that someone had just picked up like the one the Original Poster was looking for. I knew the Carolina Blue came on some 60's era Chevelle's but didn't realize it continued on after the late 60's. A few years ago a 66 SS showed up in my area in Carolina Blue. I think this is the 66 I'm referring too. 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just saw that a guy recently picked up either a 71 or 72 Chevelle convertible in the Carolina Blue. The car needed to be restored. It probably was on a Chevelle site on Facebook which I am no longer on.
The car will be at my shop this morning to start a lengthy restoration process.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
The car will be at my shop this morning to start a lengthy restoration process.
Can I ask that you start a thread specific for the restoration of this car? It may help to document the process here for others.

The original posts about this car stated he was unsure if he would keep it or sell it? Curious if it was sold too?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can I ask that you start a thread specific for the restoration of this car? It may help to document the process here for others.

The original posts about this car stated he was unsure if he would keep it or sell it? Curious if it was sold too?
I may. I don’t know how often I can update though. He is still unsure if he’s going to sell it when it’s done or not.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts