Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a big fan of this color but I do love the dark blue interior...the combo just works IMO.

Couple of odd things here:

1) Pre-delivery checklist states the engine code is T0313JQ, which is a 265hp 396 code unique to full-size Chevys in '69
2) Kick panel speakers are missing - I believe these were required with the stereo tape system that this car seems to have (it's even on the window sticker)

Pretty car, and seems fairly priced...but I do wonder about these inconsistencies....

1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

·
Premium Member
12,724 Posts
I must say that is the 1st car of that color that I have ever seen that looked ok. Not a fan either and would probably my last choice in factory colors, but I've seen many worse.

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,678 Posts
:cool: The color looks really good in the photos, I'd love to see it in person. The restoration does not justify the 32K they're asking (Master Cylinder, Vacuum Booster, Air Cleaner, Intake, Carb, Exhaust Manifolds, AIR Equipment, PCV System, Fuel Pump, Heater Hose Nipples, Spark Plug Wires, Battery Cables, etc.)...

The undercarriage is rough looking. The Parking Brake Cables look dangerous, they are not even close to restored...

I have to question that Pre-delivery Inspection Sheet (dated April 22 on a car built during the third week of April -- does that seems like pretty quick shipping?). Usually, the POP was used to "fill-in" the vehicle details...

The seller claims it's "nicely detailed," it's not. But it does have a great deal of potential, just not at 32K.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Legendary Motor Car in Milton ON had one a few years back. I can't remember the year, but it was a fine looking car. I only saw it indoors, but fell in love with the car. Very unique color, that you don't see everyday.

Daren

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
I see quite a few signs of a very well cared for '69 here.
There was a mono version of the tape player available for '69 and coupled with the AM radio the car was ordered with, that's what you got....no kick panel speakers. Door panels, firewall mat, and many more items typically replaced during restoration due to deterioration, are present on this car. These are what makes this car pretty special IMO.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Missing a very important item. The rear A/C compressor support that bolts to the intake. ( Alum. intake interference ???? :surprise: )
Bob

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Legendary Motor Car in Milton ON had one a few years back. I can't remember the year, but it was a fine looking car. I only saw it indoors, but fell in love with the car. Very unique color, that you don't see everyday.

Daren
I was in that area on business, and the guy I was traveling with (from Whitby) took me to their showroom in Milton. They've got some neat stuff in there!

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts

Daren
I see the sellers name is LegendaryMotorllc. Could it be the same car?

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
I was in that area on business, and the guy I was traveling with (from Whitby) took me to their showroom in Milton. They've got some neat stuff in there!
I haven't been there in a few years. Maybe it's time to go back this winter, with a drool bucket of course. 👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts