Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
It will be interesting to find out the back story. Neither Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon are finished racing, they just got tired of the grind. All three were there while NASCAR was on top and made a ton of money, so if the drive isn't there anymore, why stay.

It will be interesting to see how much longer Dale Earnhardt Jr. will continue to race. He's had multiple concussions, with the last one seeming to have long lasting effects. He got married at the end of last year, I has another concussion I'd be surprised if he kept driving.

Steve R

·
Administrator
17,083 Posts
Too many teams have drivers waiting to move up to Cup and there's not much room there.
Not surprising to see some of the veterans moving on to let the future stars emerge.
Currently don't know if it's a contract buyout or just the news as posted but I don't always buy into the media version of things.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Nascar is dying a slow death

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Nascar is dying a slow death
It's NHRA and Indy car that are dying a slow death.

NASCAR isn't doing so well, but isn't anywhere near deaththat point, at least they aren't yet, but not for the lack of trying. I read something on Jayski's website today that NASCAR might be considering a halftime break, like a heat race. If they go that route I'm done.

Steve R

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
This was a shocker when I read it today. Rumor started swirling he was going to FOX to work in the booth but FOX released a statement saying that was not true.

Great racer at the top of his game with probably the best team in NASCAR right now.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Nascar, in my opinion died with Dale Earhardt in 2001. To me it just wasn't the same. I never met the man ,but after he was killed at Daytona, I felt like I lost a good friend. I think Jr. may retire this year as well. Good luck to Carl.

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
There may come a time in some racers' mind when competing at the pinnacle of the sport with moderate success you realize that you aren't competitive enough to win the championship and it dampens your enthusiasm to continue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts