Team Chevelle banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
Shippers did this to mine in transit from NY to Fl but its a BOP ear so Im cutting the other side to match, I do have a HF 800 lbs trans jack that'll do the lifting 馃檪
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Sleeve Tread Gas

Automotive tire Wood Crankset Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Premium Member
Shippers did this to mine in transit from NY to Fl but its a BOP ear so Im cutting the other side to match, I do have a HF 800 lbs trans jack that'll do the lifting 馃檪 View attachment 755083
View attachment 755082
Too bad about the shipping damage, but it will be fine. I always have used my motorcycle jack when I R&R my transmission, I lay a piece of 1/4" plywood between the jack and the pan, it works great. Good luck with the swap, you're going to love the extra gear!

Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
Too bad about the shipping damage, but it will be fine. I always have used my motorcycle jack when I R&R my transmission, I lay a piece of 1/4" plywood between the jack and the pan, it works great. Good luck with the swap, you're going to love the extra gear!
I didn't even think of my MC jack lol, wasted some $ buying the trans jack but WTH Ive used it to swap conv already 馃憤

Registered
It sure looks great at first sight, but I'd definitely want to have it checked out before dropping any coin on it. Patrick Glenn Nichols could find out if it's a real SS or not. There's a lot of great looking clones, tributes, recreations, fakes, or whatever you want to call them out there.
No offense, but there's a ton of members here that can determine whether this a real SS or not. Simply having a youtube channel doesn't make one an expert.

Gold Founding Member
It sure looks great at first sight, but I'd definitely want to have it checked out before dropping any coin on it. Patrick Glenn Nichols could find out if it's a real SS or not. There's a lot of great looking clones, tributes, recreations, fakes, or whatever you want to call them out there.
Now that ^ IS funny

Registered
No offense, but there's a ton of members here that can determine whether this a real SS or not. Simply having a youtube channel doesn't make one an expert.
I can tell a real SS from a fake... so can a lot of other people. But when I go to sell....people will take my word with a grain of salt because I am a nobody. That is why you need someone with a "household" name and credibility to look the car over and certify it.

Premium Member
yeah I made one back in 1949
BWAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I didn't even think of my MC jack lol, wasted some $ buying the trans jack but WTH Ive used it to swap conv already 馃憤
It must be nice having a trans jack. I wanted one but the prices for those things are insane!!! I use a big Lincoln 3 ton floor jack with a piece of plywood on the jack saddle, and a whole bunch of bungee cords around the trans housing and hooked onto the jack. :D So far it has worked.

Premium Member
Some of those used car dealerships that advertise on ebay are the absolute worst unethical businesses you can find. It's funny that the one in question here is located in Florida because I was once considering a purchase through sleeze-bay of a Black 1970 Monte carlo SS that looked fantastic from the 12 pics that were posted from another dealer in Florida through e-bay, and I called them up about it. I asked about such things as the working order of the air conditioning, and the salesman said: The A/C works great!! It blows out ice cold and will have you freezing in no time!!" :rolleyes:

So I called up a friend who lived merely 20 minutes away from that dealer, and asked him to take a ride for me to look at the car. He did and when he got there he realized right away that they had used software to alter the pixels of the pictures that the dealer posted, because the doors were waivey with tons of body filler and poor body work. And when he got in the car and started it, he tried to turn on the A/C and it didn't even work at all. There was also a big rot hole the size of a golf ball in the rear bumper that was being hidden by a big leaf of a palm tree in the pics shown of the rear of the car, (which was obviously deliberate). I had two other bad experiences with potential car purchases through sleeze-bay. Buyer beware!

Premium Member
Here's what happens with some car sales.
The high bidder shows up, tears the car apart and tells the owner it's a clone and fraud.
He then makes a lowball offer and hopes the seller takes it.

Premium Member
BWAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

It must be nice having a trans jack. I wanted one but the prices for those things are insane!!! I use a big Lincoln 3 ton floor jack with a piece of plywood on the jack saddle, and a whole bunch of bungee cords around the trans housing and hooked onto the jack. :D So far it has worked.
Harbor Freight has the 800 lbs trans jack, was fairly reasonable when I bought mine with a 20% off coupon was under $200

21 - 37 of 37 Posts