Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70 Chevelle Malibu, and I am looking for a all-weather car cover. It is a weekend driver, that will NOT see any snow in Ohio. More than likely it will be outside over the winter, but may stick it in the wifes horse barn (afraid of mice though).

PLEASE REPLY ONLY IF YOU HAVE/USE A CAR COVER.

What price, brand and where did you get it?
DG

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got a nice Covercraft brand cover from Western Auto (Parts America) for my 71 Chevelle when I stored it outside here in Colorado. I can't remember the exact cost, but less that $100. It worked very well, and I had no problems with mice or horses. I had to add extra bungee cord hold downs to keep extreme winds from rearranging the cover. If it snows, get the snow off right away or during freeze / thaw the water may freeze the cover to the car. You will need to wash the cover periodically to remove dust accumulation.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
DG -

I popped big bucks ($160 or so) for a "Technalon" car cover with "Evolution 4" fabric from Year One, and I've been really happy with it. The fabric is made by Kimberly-Clark, so you've probably felt their products on your backside, but anyway this fabric does an excellent job of repelling moisture, plus it breathes so it doesn't trap condensation underneath. I had it on my Chevelle from Oct. to May here in the Pacific Northwest, so it was definitely put to the rain test. I've got a back window leak, and there was absolutely no moisture in the trunk whenever I checked the car. Good luck!

Rainer

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've got a Technalon 2 cover with high ratings for water, UV protection and other debri. It cost me around $180 at VIP auto. I live in New England and I have no garage so my poor car gets stuck outside with this cover on it through the harsh winters. And it has performed excellent through the past 2 years. Look for the highest ratings on the cover you can find and that will indicate the quality. They can get expensive, but it's cheaper than building a garage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.