Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an old book i have said i had many times and i could never find it but i sumbled on it today. It has what the BG carbs flow and what Holley carburetor each series replaces

-775 Race Demon/Gold Claw 1.400" Venturii with downleg boosters, flows 952cfm, Replaces 750-800 Holley's

-825 Race Demon/Gold Claw 1.425" Venturii with downleg boosters, flows 980cfm, Replaces 950HP Holley's

-975 Race Demon/Gold Claw 1.500" Venturii with downleg boosters. flows 1036cfm, Replaces 850 Holley's {which would include 1,000HP also in my opinion}

These are old guidelines from '98 from when they were the Claw series, they may flow a little more or less now, im not sure as they dont state what they flow exactly after they went to Demon's

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Just tore my 540 down last weekend for inspection/rebuild...

Setup the King Demon RS exactly like the BG specs recommended in a 1095 cfm configuration...jetting and airbleeds.
Never touched the carb afterwards.
Looking at the valves (especially the exhaust) and combustion chamber coloring, the fuel mix was right on!! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tore my 540 down last weekend for inspection/rebuild...

Setup the King Demon RS exactly like the BG specs recommended in a 1095 cfm configuration...jetting and airbleeds.
Never touched the carb afterwards.
Looking at the valves (especially the exhaust) and combustion chamber coloring, the fuel mix was right on!! :thumbsup:
Off the top of my head, .046-.070-.032 with 92/92 jetting ??

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Off the top of my head, .046-.070-.032 with 92/92 jetting ??
Off the top of my head, I believe that to be correct. ;)

After bumping up the carb from it's original 995 to a 1095, the plugs have always looked great. Been like that for over two years.
Often thought about increasing the carb again to an 1195 (got the sleeves already) but never had any reason to...until maybe now. :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Often thought about increasing the carb again to an 1195 (got the sleeves already)
Yes, you do! Bill, are you saying you never adjust jets from fall/spring to summer? I know my car won't go down the track in November with August jets. But maybe you're not going down the track much? :p :D

Where ya at Doc?? :D

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Off the top of my head, I believe that to be correct. ;)

After bumping up the carb from it's original 995 to a 1095, the plugs have always looked great. Been like that for over two years.
Often thought about increasing the carb again to an 1195 (got the sleeves already) but never had any reason to...until maybe now. :yes:
Do you have the sleeves?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.