Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a carb and turbo(s)?

Just looking for some input and advice from someone with experience.

:beers:

·
Registered
308 Posts
:thumbsup: :hurray: The drivability is great as well.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I'll do some reading before I start asking too many questions.

In a nut shell... I've got a '78 GMC 454 (fully forged, low compression), and two HX35's and an HP 950 laying around. I figure the motor with a good top-end, a decent cam, two mid-sized turbos and a big carb could be a lot of fun.

Kinda budget conscience at the moment too!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a little reading, I found that the HX35's are a bit too small for what I was looking for. But luckily someone wants to trade them for amonster 108mm Schwitzer. That may be much better suited for a crazy 454. If only I had another Chevelle to put it in and not a '56 Chevy Truck.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I'm leaning towards EFI for my project. I haven't gotten enough of a warm fuzy feeling for the part throttle and non-boost performance of the blow throws yet.

Any of you guys care to share some road trip experiences? Have you figured your milage? I know that sounds like a bogus question, but it's something I'd like to maximize if I also gain idle quality and an assurance of A/F ratio for changing conditions (closed loop 02). I like how the carb helps to reduce intake temps, so that had my intresest still somewhat there for a blow through carbs.

How much are these carbs, setup for your specific application? $1k, $1.5, $2k ?

Assuming the same intake manifold, the hardware costs are about equal I think. It's the fuel management that really bites you. I'm thinking of going DIY with the Megasquirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.