Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dart 165cc heads, 72cc chambers 8.8 compression R43T cold spark plugs
summit 224/[email protected] 465/488 lift with my 1.5's and on a 114LSA
Weiand 142 supercharger putting out 4-5psi max
750 holley DP 71 jets in front,81 Jets rear, 6.5 power valves,30cc accl pumps
Petronix Dist out of the box,no vacuum advance hooked up 37-38 total timing
Using a Holley 110gph pump which doesn't require a regulator and im not using one......im at 8psi or there abouts.....????8psi too much?

I can't get a decent A/F ratio at part throttle and at idle! WOT is fine? Im at 11-12 AF ratio at idle and cruise rpms. Way,way off. Im never gonna seat my rings in on that A/F ratio,im gonna flood the cylinders and soak the valves.

What can I do to help? If a hotter plug doesn't help,should I just jet way down and go fron there? Put a regulator on it and adjust down?

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
what A/F meter are you using?

·
Registered
14,299 Posts
Thats about where they run AFR wise, one reason I don't like DP's on the street.

You can try dropping primaires down till you get a stumble and go back up a size or 2 till it dissappears - that way you run the leanest jets possible. Anymore than that just wastes fuel IMO.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mike, just read your post. The Holley Blue Pump 110 GPH has to have a regulator installed by the carb, the Red Pump 97 GPH is the one that don't need the regulator, that is if you are using the electric pump. So you are overpowering the needle&seat if you are using the Blue electric pump with out a regulator. 6-7 PSI should be the max fuel pressure you want to run.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mike, no problem any time I hear a Holley 110 I always think it's the electric pump. Back to your problem. Are you sure your power valve is not opening at idle? I agree with 69-chevelle I would jet the primaries down 2-4 numbers, and see how it is. Even though you have a mech. fuel pump 8 PSI, I think is to much for the needlel&seat to handle. I would put a regulator on if it were me. Hope you get it dialed in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts