Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I;ve run a search to no avail...

What do you folks do top improve upon the finish on your old carb. Specifically, I;d like it to look as the original Holley in 1970.

I know I'm being nitpicky but just bought an 850 from sam and I'd like to pretty it up.

Gene Chas - no it;s NOT a show car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Eastwood makes Carb Renew paint in bronze and silver colors. It is a fuel resistant translucent acrylic lacquer. Sears publishes a catalog called The Auto Shop that has a lot of these type of products in it. Call 800.557.3277

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Gene: Holley has a Resto shop, and can rebuild and recolor the carb.for you. They put it on a flow bench and test it also before sending it back.Check the members section, and look up Tory DiBlasi, he has the new # for them, and recently had his carb done.Email him,and I'm sure he will send you the #.

I know, you still want my # don't you!

------------------
1972 Malibu (1 st. car) Project waiting to happen
Team Chevelle # 427
A.C.E.S. # 1282

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Mr. 427 I do!!!

Anyway, it sounds as if the carb is pretty close to tuned for the 427 as sam has it set up. No rebuild required. I'll stagger the jetting ( my #5 is a freckle lean like the book says it should be), and run it.

Just wanted some ideas on "pretty", other than a full polish job.

·
Super Moderator
12,690 Posts
Gene,
Wally and I just had three Holley 2bbls for a 69 Vette recolored by AED in Richmond Va. They were very reasonable. We sent the carbs to them disassembled. If you want more details, e-mail me.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
Team Chevelle #100

[This message has been edited by BillK (edited 01-22-2000).]

·
Registered
283 Posts
I buy a new one, and put the old ugly one on the wifes's car,cause she only cares that it runs.

------------------
Harley
69 461 El Camino Nitrous Model,:p 69 Chevelle coupe
70 El Camino,71 SS Camaro
79 Corvette
Kerrville,Tx.
A Camel is a Horse designed by a commitee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.