Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
In what application? I am using a RPM intake on my 505 and a 2" open helps increase plenum volume, used to use a 1" 4 hole over a 1" open, same intake on my .030 over 454.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
I took all my spacers to the track and tried different combinations and the 2" open gave me the best results on that day. With the Vic Jr a 1" open or 1" 4 hole should get the job done.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Bob is correct all engines respond different to spacers. You almost have to bring a few spacers with you to the track and try them. I ran a HVH Super Sucker & it made no difference at all. I use a Birchwood spacer now, and it benefits me in just keeping the carburetor isolated from the intake manifolds heat.

Dave

·
Registered
400 Posts
I picked up 6hp on the dyno with a 1" Wilson 4 hole tapered spacer on my 502. I am also using a Victor Jr.... I just finishing getting it back together, so I have not tried it at the track yet...

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
I ordered a wood one from Summit a couple of weeks ago. It's a 1" open and came with gaskets studs and nuts. I think if your intake is open you use the open spacer. I went with the wood because like Dave said, it, supossed to keep the heat off the carb.
Mike

·
Registered
93 Posts
I thought phenolic was the best for isolating the carb from intake heat?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.