Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll. just recently, it sounds like a snake hissing in my holley 750 vac sec. it's not constant - comes and goes. also seems out of adjustment. when adjusting idle curb seems to high or to low - just when i think i've got it where it should be idle speeds up on it's own. i feel it should be a carb leak but sprayed around outside near gasket with no result. could it be on the inside of the gasket? let me know what ya'll think. wait to hear...thanks

------------------
ChvyRules

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Rose, only thing I can recommend is to visually look down the primary boires when the car is running and see if there is any fuel dripping from the boosters. Also, take a can of air and hit the air bleeds ( its better done from the bottom up but what the hey - lets not take the thing apart yet.).

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Sound like a vacume leek to me too. Make sure the carb is down tight to the intake. Then as COPO sugested check all vacume hoses for cracks or loose fittings. You can also use carb cleaner to spray as well.

FastSS396Man

------------------
Brian

69' SS396 Chevelle
L78 396/375hp
M-21 Close Ratio
Cortez Silver
10 year Resto
It's brand new again!
02' Harley FatBoy, Diamond Ice pearl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status