Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to fire up the velle for the first time this year. over the winter I installed an electric fuel pump and wired it through an oil pressure cutoff swith. when I turn the key it turns over a couple times and stops if I hold the key it will turn over again and stop. I think the problem might be with the starter but I have to get some one to be my key turner while I trouble shoot. do you think I am heading in the right direction here?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Pull the plugs and make sure you aren't hydro-locked. See if it will spin with the plugs out.

You may just have a weak battery.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it was hydro locked would it turn over at all? this turns over and while I am holding the key it will stop turning over for a second or two then turn over again

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Nah, probably wouldn't continue turning over, but I'd pull the plugs anyway just to see if compression is stopping it.

It's hard to understand what it's doing with nothing but text on the screen. I'm guessing you've checked for a weak battery. ?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey Chad hows things in LA I will be there in about 30 days I found a house in Buras. It looks like I had a bad ground I rigged a temp ground and it turned over ok, one day I will learn to check the grounds first this is the second time this week on different projects that the ground bit me

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Yeah, those grounds are a killer. It's gotten to the point where I always check 'em first, and assume others do too (Doh!).

It's starting to heat up down here! :eek: You're gonna love it! ;)

Buras ain't so bad. At least you won't have to live in Venice. You'll be close enough to New Orleans that you'll be able to enjoy some of it.

And Venice is south of Biloxi by boat. Maybe you can swing up there sometime.

Things are really slow in the oilfield right now. This is the first time my rig has been without work in ten years (of course we may pick up a job tomorrow).

We thought we were going to Galveston Bay, but that job fell through. I was looking forward to the drive to Texas and back every week (seriously).

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep looking forward to that warm weather. I report in June 20th and I will have to learn all of the area inorder to get qualified to run that boat down there so if you see a black hull CG boat about 55 ft long wandering around aimlessly thats me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts