Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a 68 Chevelle that is in the Sacramento, California area right now. I need to get it to Biloxi, Mississippi. I am wanting to get it trucked from there to here. Does anyone know of a good (and maybe cheap?) company I can use? I am in the military and was unable to bring it when I moved. The car is driveable, but it has been sitting for over a year and I dont want to chance driving it that far. Any info would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

--Jerry--

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check out the Hemmings.com site and search for transportation. Typical rate is $1.25/mile for covered and $1/ mile for open trailer.

------------------
67 SS Convertible
ACES #3406

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Jerry,
I shipped my car from Phoenix to Newport News, Va for $800. It was not an enclosed trailer and it took about 10 days longer to get there than expected. Some questions they will ask: does it run? will it de delivered to an address or will you pick it up? I was not comfortable with letting it sit on a lot and had it sent to a trusted friend.
Ask for references, check with AAA and the Better Business Bureau before you sign anything. Some places offer a military discount, ask or you won't get it. Don't leave anything in the car that you want to see again (better safe than sorry). When you do ship it, read the little codes on the sheet where they evaluate your car for scratches, dents etc. If you don't understand, ask more ????s. Just don't rush into it. I'll see if I can find the name of the company I used and send it to you if you want. If you want a covered trailer, it costs a lot more. Good Luck!

------------------
Honey, its not a $200 hat. The distributor was $200, the hat came with it. kevin d
Maryland Chevelle Club #362

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently had a car shipped from the D.C. area to St. Louis (WAY TO GO RAMS!). I used Dependable Auto Shippers. The cost was $525, and that was terminal-to terminal, not door-to-door(trying to save some $$$). It arrived earlier than they predicted. Besides Hemmings, there is a web site that lists a bunch of transporters; some will email estimates. I'm not sure, but I think it was www.movecars.com. Open transport is cheaper than enclosed.You decide if your baby needs to be inside. Be sure your insurance is current; most of the movers insurance covers your deductible only. If the car is not insured, and is stolen or damaged enroute, you're out $$. Good Luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I shipped Chicago to Atlanta enclosed carrier for $650. Used passport transport. Big company with satellite tracking, fully insured, door to door service and cheap. They advertise in HMN.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here is another option:
Waggoner Trucking
Kim - OKC
800-221-2976
Fax 405-670-8181

Their prices are fair, they use enclosed trucks, they come highly recommended by other TC members.

------------------
Thanks,
ccrider
Member #:267
ACES Member #:3379
66 Chevelle SS

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone that responded. I have a huge list I am using to call from. So far, looks like 700-800 is the cheapest for fully insured open transport. I sure appreciate everyone's help! I hope to have her here by the end of Feb!!!!!

--Jerry--

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know I used Auto Connections and they did great. It was $750 and they had it here when they said they would. Just wanted to pass that on in case anyone else needs to ship a car.

--Jerry--

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.