Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently purchased a 69 Chevelle Super Sport that I would like to use as my daily driver. My regular insurance company will insure the car but they have appraised it much lower than I would like. Can anyone tell me how they insure their daily driver Chevelle’s? I’ve contacted Taylor and Haggerty. They only insure cars for limited use.

Thanks,
Bubba

------------------
ACES member #04788
Maryland Chevelle Club member #075
Have you ever noticed that those instruments designed to detect intelligent life in the universe are all pointed AWAY from Earth???

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
You should be able to insure it for whatever you want. Call your agent and ask them about insuring it for the stated value instead of the book value. You'll likely need to get it appraised for proof that it's worth what you want to insure it for.

We use American Family for both the Vette and the Chevelle and they've always been great about it. Both can be used as much as we like and both are insured for a stated value.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
While your checking on Ins. for the velle. If you rent ask about renters insurance. When I was renting I got Ins. for 100 a year and they REDUCED my car Ins. $120 so they paid for renters and saved me $20. Or try some other carrot to dangle.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called my insurance company when I bought the car and had it insured for $12,000.00. That’s what I paid for the car and I believe it was a good deal. Other cars I looked at in this condition were $15,000.00 and up. The insurance company sent their appraiser out and appraised the car at $9,000.00. I know we all think our cars are worth more than they probably are but this is not even reasonable. I don’t mind paying the premium. I would like to know that I could get close to replacement costs if something should happen.

Thanks,
Bubba

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.