Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,729 Posts
Used dually crewcab truck, swap cabs with a standard cab, build the bed. It would be a fun project, but simpler and maybe cheaper to check if any are still made by any of the service body conversion makers. Only one I can think of right now is Servis.

K

· Registered
229 Posts
The guys that I'm familar with that build those trucks are in Kentucky. Hodges Haulers have been in business for years. Stretching the frame is required and that is not for an amatuer. They built a couple for me 18 or so years ago and did a tremendous job. I took them a dually pickup and then picked it up a week later.

· Premium Member
14,489 Posts
I was going to post this sweet deal but from the looks of the one pic you have above, you already seen it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976...ryZ84151QQssPageNameZWD6VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Still a nice deal for under 3k. Looking at the pics these car haulers are certainly more then just a dually pickup with a ramp instead of the pickup bed. Would be too much work to make one out of a pickup when you can find them around for a good price.

· Registered
229 Posts
The truck on ebay has a very short stretch bed, only 14 feet. The standard bed for a hauler is 18' and 20' is available. You don't want to be hauling a Chevelle or anything bigger on a 14' bed now do you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.