Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody make a car door holder upper so one man can get it into position to put the bolts in the hinges.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I think I saw one in northern auto parts catalog, but I tried to bring it up on google and couldn't find it.

The rags and floor jack route sounds like a good way to go, but I want to make one, I'll probably have these doors off and on a lot, so I need a picture or two to look at. Thanks again.

Rob

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
http://www.dar-a-con.com/dh-4.htm

I have this one. It is flat out the best one out there, hence the reason it cost 420 bucks.

Its fully adjustable and not some one size fits all like those other hangers are, this stand fits the door...Eric

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
did you get the floor pans finished, Rob???

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Rob's not answering. He must be working on that car.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did you get the floor pans finished, Rob???

No, I just got everything finished up and I'm ready to do the floors.

Rob's not answering. He must be working on that car.
Not the car today, but if this door hanger deal goes okay, the car is next.

I'll put some pictures up of this door hanger when I get it done.

I want to make it and get it out of the way, then when the floors are done, I can do the doors next.

I have some different ideas on these door gaps, and I know door gaps were not very good on these cars when new, and it really doesn't matter that much, but, I'm going to try and go with a specific radius. A larger radius on the one, almost flat but yet a curve. And still have sharp edge, kind of

I'll explain it some time.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://www.dar-a-con.com/dh-4.htm

I have this one. It is flat out the best one out there, hence the reason it cost 420 bucks.

Its fully adjustable and not some one size fits all like those other hangers are, this stand fits the door...Eric
No doubt the Cadillac of door hangers, thanks Eric.

Oh, you still aceing the tests?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts