Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
My 72 Chevelle is in storage for the winter and I was wondering if any of you have a recommendation for a good, inexpensive car cover? Its got a new paint job so I want something that is breathable, durable and won't scratch the paint. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
What I'm going to suggest isn't inexpensive but its the only one that I really like. I like Covercraft's Evolution 4 Technalon covers. The one for my El Camino ran about $190.00 Between my father and I we have 4 of these covers and wouldn't use anything else. I tried Wolf's Evolution 4 cover, and it didn't even compare to Covercrafts quality, it didn't even feel the same. I don't think this is a good place to try to save a few bucks especially if people will be walking next to the car all winter long.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Burgettstown, Pa.
1972 El Camino
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673
Favorite Quote: Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I'd have to agree with elcamino72 , I got a deal on a Ev. 4 from Year One last year, I mentioned that NPD had it a little cheaper, and wanted to know if they could beat the price. They did, then I dropped the bomb that I had a 15% holiday coupon. They took it, no questions asked.

Best underlayment to protect paint on the market. After all Kimbery Clark (diaper maker) developed the lining.

My Malibu sat outside all last winter. No leak thru or paint probs. This year, uhm....I am doing some front end work in garage so it will stay inside.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.genxspeed.com/dg/chevy.htm [email protected]
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)
eBay username: dg98adams

[This message has been edited by DG (edited 12-15-99).]

·
Registered
335 Posts
Might want to beware of the cheaper covers. I've read that the waterproofing materials can react with the paint and cause problems. I used to cover my car with a couple different types and did notice some faint webbing/cracking of the paint. Could have been just the paint I guess.Maybe not a problem with older seasoned paint, but on a fresh paint job I'd go with a top brand. If you can get the car indoors in a decent storage place, I'd forget the cover all together.

R

·
0 Posts
There's nothing better than flannel to touch your paint!

When I was forced to keep my car outside, I had 2 covers, the flannel one was put on the car first, then an "Evolution 4" cover on that. It was expensive, but the car stayed nice!

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.