Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys purchased the Technalon car cover? What is the best cover in your opinion? Thank you.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have been looking for a good cover myself. I have seen some that completely suround the car in a protective clear bubble with a fan to keep it inflated. It sounds like a great design to me, but am looking for some feedback as well. Here is one design I have found. There may be more variations out there.
http://www.carcoon.co.uk/

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
DONSS & Jason Shulenberger,
I bought a Technalon Evolution 4 car cover for my 70 Malibu last spring. I wanted a cover to keep snow melt & rain outta the trunk, & etc.

The car was outside all winter covered with the E4. Trunk was dry as a bone. The inside of the cover has a vey soft, kinda like a cloth diaper, texture. Kimbery clark makes the material, it's pretty stong too.

I seen it advertised in a National Parts Depot catalog, but Year One matched the price and threw in the free $7.50 catalog coupon. I think it ran $160 something including shipping.

There was a $99 cover included when I bought the car, looks like the light blue one in the N.P.D. catalog. Once that cover was saturated with water, water passed right thru it, probably meant as a parking lot dust cover.

The E4 cover may look wet on the outside, but still sheds water and is dry on the iniside. Be carefiul though, consendation may cause it to freeze to the car in extreme cold weather. Do not try to pull it off if frozen.

If you get this cover you should be pleased.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.wright.edu/~s001dga/chevy.htm

TEAM Chevelle Member #0086

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback folks. I had read a small amount about the Technalon cover, but wanted to hear from someone who actually owned one. That type of cover is more my style. Thanks DG.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought several Technalon 4 covers (tan color) from Jegs. They work great. Paid about $130.

NPD also sells a dark Blue cover that is similar to the Technalon 4 cover. This had a real tight fit (maybe too tight) but also kept the water out. Cost was $150.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.