Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car sits outside because my wife won't let me cut a hole in the side of the house and bring it in,
so I was hoping to get some recommendations for a good quality car cover. I thought about one of those tent things, but I'd hate for it to come down on my Chevelle during a storm. I don't mind spending extra for a good cover, but I do want one that's worth the $$$. The cover I have now was a blue light special, but better than nothing. I'd hate to see my car get ruined after all that work: Thanks.

------------------
Steve Beuth

69 Malibu ZZ4-350
93 Camaro Z28
99 Silverado
Chevelle pics

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Steve - you are absolutely correct in spending the bucks on a "good quality cover".

Two sources I can recommend are Beverly Hills Motoring Accesories (BHMA) and California Car Cover. I know they both have websites so do a search and check them out.

Good luck.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use a custom fit NOAH cover from OPG for my '71. They're sold by numerous suppliers. Although my car is usually in the garage this cover works outdoors as well. I was really imperssed when I put it on for the first time. Fits very well, mirrors slipped right into the mirror pockets, shape and contours were perfect.

What ever you get, learn how to put it on and take it off properly, and keep the under side clean. Otherwise you'll do more damage to the car than by leaving it uncovered.

·
Premium Member
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I checked out the links and I think I'll try the NOAH cover from calcarcover. They're less than I figured, maybe I'll get one for my Z/28 too.
I hope to buy a place with a garage before next winter, but until then this will have to do. Now if the market would just pick up a little....

------------------
Steve Beuth

69 Malibu ZZ4-350
93 Camaro Z28
99 Silverado
Chevelle pics

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Hey, I have had my Chevelle out in Ohio winters, and I would reccommend a Technalon E4 cover. Not cheap but 1 tough cover to beat.

I got mine letting Year One and N.P.D. compete for price, but I ran across the same covers at the local swap for 1/2 what I paid.

------------------

Springfield, Ohio

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>name: D.G. & my 70 Malibu
<LI>http://www.wright.edu/~adams.41/chevy.htm
<LI>TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
<LI>eBay username: dg98adams
<LI>"Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software"
[/list]

[This message has been edited by DG (edited 03-22-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status