Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new 1999 Original Parts Group Chevelle catalog arrived in the mail recently. On Page 55, lower right corner, is an alarm called "Classic Car Pager."

Has anyone here installed this alarm, or one like it? If so, how well does it work?

------------------
Robert

www.classiccarlot.com (15% discount for my fellow Chevelle owners!)

·
Registered
423 Posts
The way I read it, it's not an alarm, but something that you hook up to your existing alarm (you do have an alarm, don't you).

It's nothing but a transmitter and a "pager" unit that it transmits to. It doesn't "ring" your normal pager.

It looks like a good idea but I'd question how often you would check that it's working correct or has the distance you think it does.

Can it transmit out of a parking structure and into the movie theater that you are in?

Just too many questions for me!

Wes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The text in the advertisement says that it works in conjunction with an existing alarm or can work alone.

I do not yet have an alarm and am in the market for one, which is why I am considering one this type.

The text also says that it can transmit up to two miles. I'm assuming that claim is two miles of open terrain, but I would imagine that it can transmit through a parking garage, etc., even if only up to a half mile.

Robert

www.classiccarlot.com (15% discount for my fellow Chevelle owners!)

[This message has been edited by rstoltz (edited 05-25-99).]

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
I use one called 'page alert'. It's been in the car for about 8 years without a problem. I've never tested the range, but it works fine in malls, motels etc. The little pager can be tough on batteries if you use it a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.