Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have taken out many rear seats before but my 67 rear seat just wont come out. I've pushed in lifeted pulled out jumped on kicked it and yelped (because I hit my head
) with no help. The stupid thing just wont come out and i was planing to weld there tommorow. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks

------------------
Hot66ss

66 ss
67 malibu
Aces Member 2380
Team Chevelle member #262
GEN X Member #?(?)
Http://members.aol.com/chvellss

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just removed mine last week on my 67. I removed front seats, sat in the floor, pushed on the face of the seat with my feet. On mine there was a bracket on each side above where you would sit. The bracket is built so that the travel of the catch for removal has to go toward the rear of the car for about 1 1/2 inches, then lift, then pull toward the front of the car about 1 inch and up. I hope this helps.

Rickster
67 SS 396/325
TC Gold 257

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Since you have done this before I assume you tried ricksters method. If this isn't working you may have bent brackets keeping it in. Try lifting the front of the seat as much as possible and look in the area of the bracket with a flashlight. Maybe you can see why it won't let loose.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS 396, Fathom Blue/White Stripes)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need to push down above the loop in the frame that ataches to the body. At the same time push the seat towards the back. Repeat this on the other side.

------------------
Del Woodcock, A.C.E.S. #1563
Team Chevelle #137
http://www.2xtreme.net/dellw
67 Malibu 283 M35
97 Z28 LT1 6-Speed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.