Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I set the engine in the car, put the motor mounts through and tightened up the tranny bolts. When I went to put the nuts on the motor mount bolts, I noticed that one of the bolts were stripped. I took it out and got a new one. Now I can't get the new bolt in!! It will go in the front side but not the back. Any sugestions?? The hole on the back is off quite a bit. I tried moving the engine around but it just isnt' working.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,005 Posts
find something tapered about the right size ans drive it into the hole....

Tom

·
Registered
994 Posts
Some times you have to rock the engine back & forth. Try putting a temporary (smaller dia.) bolt in one side while trying to line up the other. Remove the temporary bolt & reinstall the correct size bolt.

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430 eng / 4L60E trans
"Canyon Carver"

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are using new mounts, sometimes too much rubber has been molded onto the mounts and some could be between the mount and the frame bracket, not allowing the mount to seat all the way down. If this is the case, you will have to remove the mount and literally carve the rubber out of that area.

Stumann

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you check right and left, some mounts are marked right and left, they may be just different enough to cause this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.