Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I looked on the top front of the gas tank and only see a black wire with a spade lug with a hole in it.

There are no other wires around,where does the wires from the fuel gauge come out in the back near the tank? The tank is new but the guy before me must of took them out or I just don't know where to look. In the trunk I can see the harness for the taillights but nothing going down towards the gas tank . I kinda felt from the trunk into the back seat area but didn't feel anything hanging there.
Thanks for any help
Jerry
P.S. Sorry I forgot to say it is a 69 chevelle SS.

[This message has been edited by c.c.c (edited 07-03-2002).]

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I belive the sender is on top of the tank like the 70s Chevelle. If you look closer up there the sender is about 3 inches round and has a round pointed tab in the center. Should be right next to the black ground wire you see. The tan fuel sender wire snaps on the center round pointed tab. (best I can describe it.)

*Edit*
If the sender wire is missing, 'cause the last guy tossed it out, they are availble here. Sorry I don't have a used one for a 69 in my junk. Sometimes Elree has used harnesses he has refurbished. http://www.wiringharness.com/

[This message has been edited by John_Muha (edited 07-03-2002).]

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John
Would you know where the tan sender wire comes thru the body to go to the tank in the back of the car?
Thanks
Jerry

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Schematic shows the 69 sender wire plugs into the rear tail light harness. On the 71/72 it plugs into the center of the rear harness around the center of the rear bumper. The sender wire is about 4 feet long with a connector on each end. One end plugs into the harness. The other snaps on the tank. I believe the 69 also plugs in the same way (center rear harness) but not positive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts