Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow was to be the big day. after installing, removing, re-installing the on-going big block project the guy is to come tomorrow (the builder) to start the 72 so... BAD Karma tonight a dove flew threw the front glass on the garage, clean threw, large chunks of glass severely damaged the front fender and roof of the car. the paint is gouged out to the metal in several spots, feathers everywhere, dead dove all over the place. I've hit birds at speed with less damage. I am on the verge of melt down... I just can't believe it...

· Registered
12,169 Posts
That sucks, I cant believe a bird can hit a pane of glass hard enough to blow through it. Unless your in a episode of mythbusters where they shoot frozen chickens through airplane window with a air cannon. jim

· Registered
3,148 Posts
Man, that sucks for sure, Rick! With me, sometimes it seems like if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have none at all. Not all the time, for sure, but sometimes........ Hope you can get things squared away and move forward.

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should have taken some pics, cleaned up the mess, did some rough touch up of the paint, plywood over the window and cleaned up the glass.. now it looks like we're going to get one heck of a storm...

· Registered
10,919 Posts
I would think your homeowners insurance would pay for this mess....

· Registered
926 Posts
I would think your homeowners insurance would pay for this mess....
Yes this. The paint repairs could be spendy enough to make it worth claiming on their insurance.

At least that dang bird got what was coming to him, haha!

· Registered
18,758 Posts
damn, perfesser, that's some luck.

It will make a good story about the car, though, after you get it all cleaned up and fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.