Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello team chevelle,

My name is Ryan I am going on 43. I have owned 2 small block El Caminos when I was younger and have been away from muscle cars for a long time. I have always wanted a 66-67 Chevelle with a big block and a 4 speed. Last year I was diagnosed with cancer and have had multiple surgeries to save my life. I am still recovering but will be back to work in September. With this life changing event my wonderful lady pushed me to finally get the car I wanted ( she didn’t have to push hard). So now we are the proud owners of a 67 SS396 4 speed in marina blue. I stumbled across this website during my recovery and am excited to read and learn all about Big blocks. I only wish I had 1/4 of the knowledge and ability that some of you experts have. Hope to not run into too many problems but glad to be here and sure you guys will guide me in the right direction when needed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm also a cancer survivor. Good luck with your recovery, I'm sure the car will help. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Welcome Ryan, to Team Chevelle.....:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Welcome Ryan, and congratulations! Make sure you post some pictures of your 67!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Welcome. Cancer sucks. Glad you are among us. Life is too short.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to TC Ryan, and hoping that your recovery continues to only get better. I've got a similar car to yours, but not a true SS. Love the '66-'67 model years :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Welcome Ryan
you own the BEST year of the Chevelles IMO

Reactions: kmakar and pduncan

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Good luck in your battle. Stay positive. and drive the hell out of it! Post some pics when you can.
and Welcome by the way. Lots of knowledgeable members here that are willing to share. They helped me out a bunch.

·
Premium Member
11,598 Posts
Welcome Ryan,
Enjoy that 67 and I hope bbq it puts a big smile on both faces.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome and best of luck on the recovery!

I miss my 67 (even made it in a calendar from this site years ago)

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Welcome. I was diagnosed last August, and had 3 surgeries in October. I'm still recovering but back working as well, and there's quite a few of us apparently. Best of luck with that awesome ride!

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,171 Posts
Welcome to TC, Ryan. :thumbsup:

There is a WHOLE lot of Chevelle knowledge here, and apparently quite a few cancer survivors, also.

We're all behind you with your recovery and new project - NEVER be afraid to ask questions - the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked. ;)

What's your goal for the '67 - restoration or restomod, or?

If you have any restoration questions, please direct them to 'Restoration Corner' - some of the foremost Chevelle experts (ALL years) on the planet frequent that forum.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle Malibu
334 Posts
Cancer Sucks! F*ck Cancer! So glad you're with us! Congrats on your 67 (best year in my book, and I have one too but it's a work in progress).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts