Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will all canadian built chevelles have a "made in canada" stamp on cowl tag?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Early ones will. As time progressed, Oshawa switched over to a cowl tag that removed the "Made In Canada" stamp at the top.

Quick Decoding
Although the website says it was changed around September, I'm looking at a documented 6C car that does not have the markings.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
It depends on the year. I know that a 69 or 70 made in Canada will say so right on the trim tag. My 67 doesn't say that, it just says OS... (for Oshawa).

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am the winning bidder of this car:

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport | eBay

The inspection will be on Monday to make sure it's described accurately. I hope it is. Not perfect at all, but seems like an honest car.
Look at the photo of the trim tag. It's the same as the trim tag on the chevellestuff website. The SS396 world must not be that big.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
So on that website they are showing your trim tag and in their breakdown of your trim tag they say your car is white with a black top and black cloth interior. Is that right?

·
Registered
338 Posts
So on that website they are showing your trim tag and in their breakdown of your trim tag they say your car is white with a black top and black cloth interior. Is that right?
The website cut and pasted from the previous tag and didn't change 10 to 755. So:

755-Black coated fabric
78-Black cherry metallic paint
B-Color of vinyl top (black)

Z25-SS396 package
C08-Vinyl top
M20-Transmission

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I'm not sure why they would cut and paste from a previous tag or what that means but my point is you want to use their information as documentation as you put it but the information is wrong. I know how to read a trim tag and I can see they made a mistake but I'm not sure why you would want to use that as documentation.

·
Registered
338 Posts
For the most part, and I think most people would agree that chevellestuff.net is a good resource for authentication, regardless of minor typos.
I wasnt making a point, just that I thought it was neat to be going through the website and seeing my trim tag.
Anyway, don't need it. I have the paperwork from VVS proving correctness.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts