Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve walked myself into a mega f***fest haha. I have a 65 that I’m rebuilding the brake system on. It’s 4 wheel drums. I’m going from manual to power. I bought a booster, master, and distribution block for a 70-72. My front brake lines are the right size for the block but my rear line fitting is too small. How much of a sin would it be to use an adapter to fit the smaller brake line fitting into the bigger port on the distribution block. I know it’s gonna look less clean but I’m more concerned about the safety and performance of the whole deal. I bought all these parts months ago. This would only be for the rear line, my front lines are the proper size.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I figured nothing bad would happen but I wanted more opinions. Much appreciated. Turns out I bought a distribution block for a 67SS so it appears I’m gonna have a discrepancy going from the master into the block. Any reason why I can’t use adapters to solve that problem too?

·
Registered
182 Posts
of course you can - that is why they make them. Zero issues. It can be a source of a leak so just be careful with installation and double check it.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
zero issues, other than finding one (as mentioned). I've used them on master cylinders where the port is a larger diameter than the 1/4 inch line. Pretty sure my manual disc conversion on my 67 has one on the donor distribution block I used.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Make sure your adaptor is approved for brake usage. I bought all my brake fittings from Parker. You can research all their fittings and they tell you if they are brake recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts