Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke the rear deck antenna mast on my 69 and according to the assembly manual it appears to be not correct for 69 anyway. It is an oval, telescoping mast and the picture below is of the bottom end. There is a nut that slides down the mast and screws on to the bezel. Do you know what year, make and model this might be from?

Would like to replace with this same mast for now until I get around to putting the entire correct unit on. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback Mike, very interesting. Here's a section of the Assembly Manual which clearly shows the threaded end and the tightening nut affixed to the mast itself rather than a separate part.

Still confused as to what my aerial was from and what I should have :confused: . Anybody got some additional input to provide? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Mine is from "Denny" in Florida. It has a locknut that slides down over the mast round with two flats. The 'post' at the bottom has three rings cut into it. And, its oval.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave, that is the same nut that is on mine. Does yours have the same teeth as shown in my above picture?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were apparantly several different styles used for 69. Some with three rings, some with two and some with one. Apparently most 69's did not get the mast with the threads at the bottom as shown in the assembly manual, those were more likely 68's and older :confused: :confused:

I've sourced what I need. Thanks for all the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts