Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, some of you guys really know a lot about drag racing! Can anyone guess how fast my stock 67 SS will be? I sounds like some of you have that drag software. What would I have to tell you to get an estimate?

Here's what I know:
67 SS 396 325hp (probably all stock 10:1s?)
stock q-jet
2.5 inch exhaust to turbos then 2.25 inch tail pipes
Fresh M20
Fresh 12 bolt posi with 3.31s
Let's say 3700 lbs.
Let's say 275/50/15s radial t/a s
no options (I'll take the PS belt off)

I know its not a really hot set up but I'm just curious.

Thanks

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jameel, I don't claim to have much in the way of expertise in this matter, but it seems the ET's that are "predicted" on these software programs are very idealized (i.e., the very best possible performance with your set-up). Real life is rarely that simple. My engine is a 454 ci with a 780cfm Holley, Performer RPM intake, 10:1 CR, Comp Cam, headers, Flowmasters, etc, and BFG DragRadials, but I've yet to break into the 13's at the 1/4 mile. Auto racing, like life in general, tends to throw up all kinds of obstacles to idealized goals. That's what makes it such fun....got to find and fix the problem to get it under 14 seconds and then work even harder to get it under 13 seconds. You might have a 13 sec. car with your set-up but if you take it to the track you may find you still have a long way to go to match the computer-generated ET. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jameel, I don't claim to have much in the way of expertise in this matter, but it seems the ET's that are "predicted" on these software programs are very idealized (i.e., the very best possible performance with your set-up). Real life is rarely that simple. My engine is a 454 ci with a 780cfm Holley, Performer RPM intake, 10:1 CR, Comp Cam, headers, Flowmasters, etc, and BFG DragRadials, but I've yet to break into the 13's at the 1/4 mile. Auto racing, like life in general, tends to throw up all kinds of obstacles to idealized goals. That's what makes it such fun....got to find and fix the problem to get it under 14 seconds and then work even harder to get it under 13 seconds. You might have a 13 sec. car with your set-up but if you take it to the track you may find you still have a long way to go to match the computer-generated ET. Good luck and have fun!

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,651 Posts
jaqazi, Sounds like your car is close to a stock '67 325 hp with a little better exhaust and a little better traction. The magazine road tests of the day had these cars at mid to high 15's. I would guess yours at low to mid 15's based on this and what my 350 hp '69 runs with an L78 cam and headers (mid to high 14's). Of course, your times will vary, depending on air density, track condition, etc., etc. von

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Mid 15s would be allright with me. High 13s would be awsome. I won't be dragging this car very much, I've got too much work and money into it to take a lot of risks with it. But I _have_ to take it down the track at least once.

If the racing bug bites, I'll just have to buy a little Nova or something and build a monster scary engine for it.

Thanks again

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check out DragStrip Plus, it is a free download and has lots of info you can input. Dont know about accuracy but it is fun. I dont know the adress but you can search.
Jon

------------------
Jon, 66 Malibu Sport Coupe
Fremont CA, Birthplace of many a Chevelle
members.tripod.com/jon66bu/jon1.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a 69 with much the same (last year)
and mid 15s is a reasonable expectation.
Ive since changed Carb/Intake/Cam and I expect to only lower it to the top of the 14s. Don't take it to the strip myself much either, but next time I go I'llpost my times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.