Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get the body lines correct on the back 3' of the 1/4's and want to make sure I have all the lines straight.

The two curve lines would be drivers from wheel well back both horizontal and vertical lines.

The two lines (6" from the curve and few inches from the rocker panel) look correct, it's the area from the tail light end to the back of the wheel well.

It seems to have a slight bow to it both top to bottom and rear to front.

If someone could post a few looking down and looking forward showing the bow. I can't even get a file to upload because they are too large, but imagine looking down where your eye is just left of the top line of the left side so you can see how it bows from the tail end to the wheel well.

I can't even find the links for the few pics that I have, so I don't know if this will work or not, but like this but more toward the center and on the left side.

I know the right has a slight flaw in it because the tail cap doesn't line up quite right, so I can't trust that as a gauge.

I would be cool to have some HD 360 interactive graphic at this point :D

Thanks.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...hXkilQKHTxRDcE49AMQMwhjKGEwYQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may have found part of the problem. I have two sets of tail ends and it's becoming clear that the better ones aren't from this car.

So, I'd still like some pics but I now have a question about how to make the tail ends fit properly. If I just bolt them on, they don't fit right. Do I oblong the holes to give me some movement? The amount that they are off would be a crime to simply fill.

Thanks for any insight someone can give on getting these tail ends and lines correct.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know if these will help.

The 1st one is really close, thanks. I can see that the end cap pretty much blends right in. The 2nd one didn't show up for me.

I was hoping for a little more to the right so I can see how it bows out.

I wonder what people do to get the end cap to blend in like that, might just doesn't fit right. I'm probably going to have to open the holes a bit.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The other one was a bit different, but Photobucket didn't like it for some reason, sorry.
It gives me the basic idea. With the upper and lower lines intact, I shouldn't have too much of a problem getting things lined up properly.

Google really sucks for trying to get specific information. I put int something specific and get back so much unrelated stuff it's dam hard to use.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking at YouTube "walk around" videos and based on the reflection, I'm starting to get a pretty good feel of the factory lines. It seems the 1/4 bows out at the center of the tire and pulls back from there to the endcap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts