Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of BB headers that I wish to know the manufacturer. They are white ceramic coated, 2" primary tubes, 3" collector, 4 hole flange. Each tube has its own 2 holed mounting flange. They are on my 66 SS396 with an LS-6 crate engine. I have a very hard time getting at the spark plugs, and there is no way to remove them without taking the engine out. They are a very tight fit! Anyone else have these? I also noticed that the previous owner had to grind down the lip on the top-forward section of each upper control arm, because they hit the headers (when he hit a bump) and put creases in the two front tubes on either side of engine. Rust is starting to permeate through the ceramic. Should I use these? I want 2"tubes, 3" collectors & 3" exhaust, who make the best fit & function (spark plugs) for a 66 Chevelle?

·
Registered
12,979 Posts
I don't know who the mfg is on your headers, but I have never seen a BB where all plugs are easy to change, w/ or w/o headers. The last BB headers I bought were Dynomax ceramic from Summit. The car is 71, full pwr and ac. I can, in time, with patience, and a cold engine, change all 8. So, basically, I am as happy with the Dynomax as is possible when it is time to change plugs on a BB. Also, the collector is 3in and 3bolt.

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Most manufactures stamp a part number into the flanges of the header. This helps them with quality control (the right part in the right box) and is their way of quick id. Hedman uses a 5 digit part number. Hooker uses 4. Walker/Dynomax/Blackjack/Cyclone uses 5 as well. Flowtech also uses 5. These are some of the most common brands out there. If you find any markings, mail me, and I will run them for you.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.