Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1969 Chevelle...started life as a 6 cyl.
Pulled the upper A-Arm today to replace the bushing.
The passenger side has nuts but the drivers side uses bolts..
Anyone know what year or what this came from????
The passenger side.

Drivers side.

Thanks..

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 64 has bolts for whatever its worth.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Mike,
The one with the bolts is prob. the original one. The one with the nuts is some sort of replacement...due to breakage or some other "ailment".

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
On my website chassis photos, picture # 16, 17, 20, 36, and 37 give you a decent look at a 69 chevelle supposedly 396 control arms. I don't know if it will help.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
The arms with the large nuts look like aftermarket replacements. If I recall the offset shafts were that design to allow camber adjustment due to frame sag.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The arms with the large nuts look like aftermarket replacements. If I recall the offset shafts were that design to allow camber adjustment due to frame sag.
Interesting you say this. The other side (drivers side) the one with the bolts not nuts. Does have some frame damage. Just before the steering box.

Look on the frame to the left of were one of the power steering hoes cross's over the frame. You can also see the A-Arm with the bolts. The rear bushing on this A-Arm (bushing closes the fire wall) was all pushed over to one side. Like a Oval..Plus there were 4 shims set in the rear adjusting bolt.
I know very little on the history of this car. But some thing did happen at one time.

The front end (fenders+grill) had been worked on in the past. Look at this sad picture. Below. 1968 grill...

Passengers side. 1968 fender.

Drivers side. 1969 Fender.

It looks like the car was damage on the passengers side (replaced with 68 sheet metal). But the frame damage is on the drivers side.
Heres a picture the way I found it. You can see it's a 1969.

But by the looks of the bend in the frame it looks like a head one push of the frame.

Is there any information on this site or others that will give me some frame measurements ? So I can check for out of square..

Oh and one last thing. The rad support had damage only on the passengers side. Look just below the headlights.

This is the passengers side frame. It's perfect.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You probably saw this all ready, a 69 front end. http://www.1969supersport.com/frontend.html

Rob
Yes on your site. I visited it many times last fall. You have a fantastic shop. I have collected many pictures on 69 front ends. Because this one was incomplete. The hard to find items like headlight adjusting screws etc..I found on e-bay. Have all the sheet metal to put it all back together again.

Motor/Trans are done. Just need to repair and cleanup under hood. Maybe next time around I will do a frame off restore. Love you engine host rotisserie.

Do you have any of the frame measurements I'm looking for?

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
I'm not sure where to get the measurements off from, wouldn't an assembly manual give you that, but if you can tell me exactly what measurements you want.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not sure where to get the measurements off from, wouldn't an assembly manual give you that, but if you can tell me exactly what measurements you want.
Well thats really nice of you.
I have a 1969 Factory Assembly Instruction Manual...It has every thing but.
But I did find this one on the web.

Will try and use these measurements. To check for square of frame...:eek:
Then I will know, just how bad/good it is...
But thanks for your kind offer.
If I need more measurements. May I pm you for them??

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Mike, you can pm me anytime, just let me know what you need.:thumbsup:

Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.