Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

can older cars be reliable daily drivers?

5K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  JWagner 
Chris,
Let me take a different approach. You said you didn't know how to tune the S10. All the previous responses are totally correct and I agree with them all but, they all realize that these cars need maintanance. If you have trouble maintaining an S10 I wonder if you have the time, inclination and talent to maintain a 30 year old car. Any car can be a reliable daily driver with the proper care. What you need to determine is your own mindset and mechanical abilities. Are you willing and capable to do the work yourself? Can you afford to pay someone else to do the required work? If so, this site will be one of your best resources for a 64-72 chevelle. If not, you might want a newer car.

Sorry for the long answer but I just went through this same thing with my son. After several attempts at older cars he gave up and bought a 92 Civic. Good decision for him. I love him but he has no temperment, inclination or ability to work on cars. I guess he figured - Hey, if my old man can do it how hard can it be? It took him four cars and a lot of money to find this out.

good luck

------------------
1967 Malibu
1967 Impala SS396 Conv.
"Let me show you how the guards used to do it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.