Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Pushing, getting, almost... Bill you are running out of Adjectives LOL!!!! Looks great...for a Camaro... ahem this is still Team Chevelle. I have to show my Loyalty to the brand...
Looks good and the alternator worked out after the return. the paint is curious staying with the copper I really like it?

Reactions: Billdini

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Well all the AC lines and condenser are new. Yahoo. AND I got that XxxDdfBb damn connector apart (thank you Mr Whizzer) and I can only suspect the clips were damaged by me or the previous owner. Anyway the mystery is over. The best I can tell if you were to compress the clips it should have come off easily and I would have saved $500 too. Well the Dr gave me full work privileges again so I can get busy and start to get this car ready for the Gillette stadium car shows every other Thursday. It’s a awesome show. Check it out sometime. BTW she is holding full AC vacuum 😎
B181818F-BDDE-40E2-AE34-7788D2057F07.jpeg
67C3F474-C69B-4F5F-9659-BD15C31539FD.jpeg
8ED87037-0E81-49F5-810E-F7ADB0DC9065.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
I've never seen gauges connected up like that before.
That's how they are with a 71 Camaro 350 Dean. No other way to do it. New hoses were the same with one on the POA and the other from the dryer to the expansion valve.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
Gotcha Dean. Haven't fired yet and just applying vacuum to both low and high pressure to make sure it holds vacuum and didn't care if the lines were hooked up correctly. I updated my first post to you saying from the "DRYER" to the expansion valve. Last time took me a while to find the correct Schrader valve to use to charge with these systems. They don't make it easy with different sizes like R134A for novices like me. No comment on that fitting? Ever see one like that before Dean.

·
Premium Member
1968 el Camino SS 396 L34, TH400, 3.55 posi, Factory A/C, P/S, P/B, Remote Driver Mirror,
585 Posts
Yep, Looks like it's coming along nicely. Just about ready to hit the road again.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts