1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
I heard an interview with this guy on the radio yesterday. Dopplebach I believe is the beer he created his own recipe from and worked with a local brewer to brew him enough to make it through lent, as a home brewer he wasn't able to prepare enough for the journey. 4 12 oz bottles a day and 5 on weekends. interesting, he seems to think this will grant him 1200 calories a day. @ 7% alcohol he ought to be able to get quite a buzz on just 1

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
I heard a while back a story about that but i don't remember the length for sure. seems like it was a month +- a few days.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Can man survive on BEER alone??

i have a few uncles that tried....they made it til about 60...

from about 23 to 30...i survived on beer...cocaine...and strippers....so id say yes.....hey it was the late 80s....and life was good...:D...i weighed 185 on a good day...had dark brown hair...2 new cars and a 1/2dozen hot rods.....when ya dont sleep...you get alot done...

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Can man survive on BEER alone??

i have a few uncles that tried....they made it til about 60...

from about 23 to 30...i survived on beer...cocaine...and strippers....so id say yes.....hey it was the late 80s....and life was good...:D...i weighed 185 on a good day...had dark brown hair...2 new cars and a 1/2dozen hot rods.....when ya dont sleep...you get alot done...

Now that's what I'd call endorsement potential! :beers:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I tried surviving on beer once..............somehow I ended up in a "mosh pit". :beers: :)

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
you actually can. not comfortably, but most liquors and beers contain the 7 minerals to sustain life, an example being that during the black plague all of the people in the breweries and stills never got infected since they rarely drank the water on its own.

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
you actually can. not comfortably, but most liquors and beers contain the 7 minerals to sustain life, an example being that during the black plague all of the people in the breweries and stills never got infected since they rarely drank the water on its own.
Actually, there are 13 essential minerals. The key here is to make sure the beverage in question contains the 9 essential (adult) 10 (youth) amino acids which must be ingested on a daily basis to maintain normal physiological status. Its highly unlikely a human could sustain life for an extended period of time on alcohol (beer) alone. Physiological breakdown or degradation would begin almost immediately as it's highly unlikely all the essential amino acids could be present in a beer. Yeast consumes a few of these in the process of brewing or so some internet literature suggests. Not certain about the yeast, just repeating what I read.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
I heard you could survive on Guinness beer only. That is it contains many vitamines etc to keep you going...

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
I had an employee that only drank beer he was skinny as hell and about worthless too:yes: we were scared to light a match around him fear of blowing up:D

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
black plague wasn't spread via contaminated water.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I heard you could survive on Guinness beer only....
AKA "Mother's milk" in Ireland.
In fact, heading for Dublin later today...I just may have to have a pint or three. :beers:

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
AKA "Mother's milk" in Ireland.
In fact, heading for Dublin later today...I just may have to have a pint or three. :beers:
NO BOTHER BILL.... mothers milk as ya call it , think a lot of our boys here may be a bit fond of it... heres something nobody over there will believe..... i only tried it once,and it tasted like........ rats pi$$... must be the only irish man in the world who hates the stuff. hey bill have you ever been to guinness brewery.. it is very interesting to see how the mothers milk is made...:yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
I heard you could survive on Guinness beer only. That is it contains many vitamines etc to keep you going...
from the home of guinness.. heres a well know fact over here anyways.. a lot of nursing homes and retirement homes and old folk recovering after operations used to be given a pint of guinness to build them up after operations, me thinks it wasa ploy to keep em quiet at night.. also the blood transfusion board used to give folks a guinness after they gave blood...:yes:

·
Premium Member
69 chevelle malibu convertible
3,424 Posts
NO BOTHER BILL.... mothers milk as ya call it , think a lot of our boys here may be a bit fond of it... heres something nobody over there will believe..... i only tried it once,and it tasted like........ rats pi$$... must be the only irish man in the world who hates the stuff. hey bill have you ever been to guinness brewery.. it is very interesting to see how the mothers milk is made...:yes::yes:
I'm with Liam on this one. Something about drinking beer made with 'acid malt' doesn't set right with me. A good old imperial stout :thumbsup: is better than Guinness any day.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
I've had a Guinness or two over the years but people I have known who tried a steady diet of alcohold died an early death and not a very pretty one at that. It was even worse for the families involved. Drinking isn't the big joke that people make it out to be.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts