Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am removing the stock (the parts under the hood) A/C components from my car (68) and have ordered an American Graffeti A/C Delete Box. From what I have read, the box does not have a hole for the stock resistors that control the fan speed. I would prefer not to cut up the New Box but I would like to have all of my fan speeds. I was wondering if I might be able to transplant the resistors from another model of car. Hopefully I can find something more compact and/or better looking. Any thoughts on what vehicle might have resistor/s that would work well for this? Any other sources for resistors that might work well? Can I get them from Radio Shack and if so what parts do I need to get/order?

Thanks, Joel

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If you don't already know, they are usually mounted into the box so they have airflow which helps keep them cool so they don't burn out. So, you have to find something that isn't mounted that way.

Peter

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
You might consider putting the resistor into the heater box under the dash like a non A/C car. I don't know off hand if the boxes are the same. Believe the A/C box does not have the cutout for the resistor like the non A/C one. That might be the only difference. May ask that question in the Restoration forum.
I do know the dash harness is identical between the non A/C and the A/C car so the resistor connector is there. You might have to change the switch or the lever control assembly but I'm not sure. Should come out looking clean and functional.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts