Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a different wiper motor and switch in my 66 Chevelle to get delay and adjustable speed? If so what years and such might fit and make good donors? I know that a 73-80ish truck wiper motor looks very similar and I would like to use it. I want to have more than the one or two speed wipers I have now. Not that I plan on lots of rain driving. But I want to try to make it as comfortable that I don't have to think twice about jumping in it any time I feel like it. I hope others agree.

------------------
1966 Chevelle Malibu Sandalwood, Gold color
454, .30 over, dual quads
700 R4 transmission
12" disks up front and hope to have disks in the rear soon.

·
wagons rule!
3,247 Posts
i'll tell you what i'm going to put in my 70 wgon project. 1980 camaro pulse wipers. it works great, for 70-72 but i'm not sure about 66. the motor mounts right in. switch fits in the dash if you open the lot up a tiny bit. change the wiring conector from your harness connector to the camaro conector and run the single green wire that comes with the camaro set up through the firewall to the new wiper motor. i like this set up because it keeps the switch in the same position on the dash. not the turn signal, i have cruise control there anyway.

------------------
Only in America do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering and people leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage. www.EINSTYN.com TC#1460, VCEA#2
. . _________ . . . . . .. _________
.../___---___\ . . ____/|__|__\___\
(OO[=====]OO) {_______________|
.{}.............{}.....O...............O....
1970 Chevelle 454 Wagons

·
Registered
777 Posts
Do you have any pictures of that system installed?

Thanks,
Bill C.

------------------
Bill C.
'71 SS (now with 467BBC)
'70 Nova 350/700r4
ACES #2780
Colo Spgs, CO

·
Premium Member
16,418 Posts
I havent done this, but asked here a while back ( probably cant even find the thread in search), and a member told me that a switch from a early to mid 80's K5 Blazer, was not only round ( fits a 67 dash), but had an intermittent option.

------------------
Gene
Gold Member 62/ACES 3112
67 SS 427

·
wagons rule!
3,247 Posts
i'll work on putting something together by friday. man you guys put me to work

------------------
Only in America do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering and people leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage. www.EINSTYN.com TC#1460, VCEA#2
1970 Chevelle 454 Wagons

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would really appreciate it if you could put something together on the wiper system from the Camaro into your Chevelle.

Thanks

Whittaker

------------------
700 R4 transmission

·
Registered
723 Posts
FO_FDYFO.

E-mail me if you could please if you post a how-to. I am interested in doing this to my 71 elky.

Tim

·
Registered
961 Posts
80 wagon I am driving has intermintent wipers and the switch is mounted in the dash. I can send pics if you want.

Later
Steve

·
Registered
961 Posts
Ok here's a link to some pics. http://www.geocities.com/wanarace52/malibu.html

The wiper motor in the pic is a non-delay. My grandfather switched it out years ago, because the delay didn't work right.

The biggest problem I see on a 66 is the wipers "park" so you will have to fix this.

Later
Steve

·
Registered
777 Posts
Steve,
Hope you don't mind too much, but that is one ugly car! Bet you can get cheap part for it though!

Thanks for the pics!

Bill C.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Well thanks BC. How do you say sleeper. I actually really like them when there done up nice. There is actually a few around here.

If you think that's ugly, I'll send you some pics of my K5 Blazer!

Later
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all of the input and great help. I need to go check out the local junk (treasure) yards soon.
http://community.webshots.com/user/rgw1972

Some pics of the car up there.

Whittaker

------------------
700 R4 transmission

·
wagons rule!
3,247 Posts
I hope this helps. http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_4560562/Pete/Wagon+Stuff/Pulsewiper-a.jpg?bc7tut8AkOXhe6Y6
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_4560562/Pete/Wagon+Stuff/Pulsewiper-b.jpg?bcduut8Av6fkXMcw

it fits into 70-72 chevelle with just filing the slot for the longer stroke on the switch. It's from 1980 camaro. the motor has the extra lug for the green wire. it runs through the grommet thru the firewall to the switch. use the conector into the back of the camaro switch and splice your wire to it. done deal!

------------------
1970 Chevelle 454 Wagons

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So the one on a 70 ish Chevelle is slotted? Mine is round like a radio knob but larger I assume the 67 to 64's are the same but what about the 68-69?

I also coulnd't get the links to open up.

Thanks

------------------
700 R4 transmission

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Whittaker:
So the one on a 70 ish Chevelle is slotted? Mine is round like a radio knob but larger I assume the 67 to 64's are the same but what about the 68-69?

I also coulnd't get the links to open up.

Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, the round ones. Might want to check with JC Whitney. See if wiper delay module 12HC2370A is still available. It was $12.95 a couple of years back. Has a round shaft but I don't know the diameter. One could gut the case and mount everything behind the dash. There is another module available with the pulse mist button for a couple of bucks more. Don't know great these are but been around for a long time.

Interesting information. Been reading and learned a few things. I have not found anything that works well with a park type motor.

[This message has been edited by John_Muha (edited 04-12-2002).]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.