Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 69 chevelle, lost my keys, my spares are 300 miles away at my parents house. I need to get into the trunk to jump the battery. I haven't needed the keys because it's been converted to a push button starter, so...................by removing the back seat, I can see the latch, is there any way to trip the latch?

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
If you pull the back seat out. You can snake a ratchet with a long extension and a socket and just un bolt the trunk latch. I have heard of that being done several times before.

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Can't you climb back there and turn the rod that connects the cylinder to the latch? Might take a pliers to get a good grip.

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Kind of hard to getback there with all the bracing intact.

LK

·
Registered
18,901 Posts
do the doors use the same key? if so, take out a lock cylinder and take that to a locksmith. for about $15, you can get a key made.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you pull the back seat out. You can snake a ratchet with a long extension and a socket and just un bolt the trunk latch. I have heard of that being done several times before.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the ideas:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Disconnect the battery cable up front and charge it from there. Then you wont have to jump start it.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I've got the solution, the wife found my keys today.!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts