Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was almost 100% set on picking up a set of MOOG tie rod ends for my chevelle to finish up the suspension overhaul, then I came across the Baer Trackers and I was wondering would it be a good idea to get them? Do they actually work at eliminating bump steer?

Also i found a "stabilizer shaft bracket" that OPG sells. In use w/ factory sway bar they mount it to the vehicle. Front brackets mount over the bushing and bolt to the frame horns. Why didnt I find this on my Malibu when i replaced the front sway bar?

·
Registered
15,810 Posts
1) No, they don't work, and will wear out much sooner too. They do allow adjustment, but they only allow you to adjust in the wrong direction, so you have the choice of adjusting between the same as what you have now, to much worse. :D

2) If you have a sway-bar attached to your car, you already have them.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nothing worked better at elaminating bump steer for me than upgradeing the power steering gear to a Jeep Grand Cherokee type gear box.

·
Registered
15,810 Posts
Nothing worked better at elaminating bump steer for me than upgradeing the power steering gear to a Jeep Grand Cherokee type gear box.
That shouldn't have changed bumpsteer numbers at all, as the geometry remains unchanged... it would have made a difference in feel & feedback, but the difference could also be due to a change in the alignment. (More +caster will reduce bumpsteer by moving the steer-arm upward)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts