Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Forwarded the photo over to someone to chase down. His time is limited but see if he comes up with what it is, transistor, regulator or what. May take awhile but best I can do today.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
That's a Texas Instruments IC. Go to their website and send the picture to their "people". -I had no luck with their search function.

Lie to them though: "I have an older line item in our plant that I am replacing. This will be applied to our systems all over the nation. Could you suggest a replacement for the part in the picture?"

-they work for volume.

http://www.ti.com/

------------------
-Just call me Otis
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, Merlin oval heads, 10.2:1CR, TH400, 3.73 posi,
1/8th: 8.0 @ 88mph
BEST 60': 1.85 w/street tires.
BEST 1/4: 12.5 with 1.89 sixty foot (street tires)
BEST MPH: 109mph

Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

[This message has been edited by BB_Mike (edited 11-05-2002).]

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Guy says that was a custom part. If he's correct that's as far as he can go.

"Is a TI part for sure. Is a very old part date code 82... Looks like is a drawing (custom) part, I cannot do anything without the drawing."

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
My guess is that it's was manufactured with the end-customer's part number on it. That, in itself, would make it a custom part, but the "inards" might still be a standard TI part. Your best bet would probably be to get in touch with the manufacturer of what ever it came out of, and ask them if there is a standard replacement part for that part number.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
May not find out much from TI on customs. As Gene mentioned these may be screened or sorted parts. It's not uncommon for an equipment manufacturer to use parts selected for an application or parameter. TI may not have been involved in the screening. May have been done by the OEM or even a third party. Logo and date code are left on the part but the part number gets remarked after the screening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts