Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone ID these seats I took out of a 66 SS conv. that I'm parting out? I don't think the covers are Chevelle. Click on the link for a picture
Thanks.
www.chevelles.com/showroom/bob701.jpg
Btw - They are for sale

------------------
Bob C.
NH
TC Gold Member #169
N.E. Chevelle & El Camino Assoc. #085
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Bob70 (edited 10-05-99).]

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
1966 Lemans / GTO. The '67 Skylark looked similar but the pleats on the seatback narrowed to a point about halfway up, leaving smooth vinyl up to the top.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any chance they could be out of an 66 Impala SS? The 4spd console that came in the car was out of an Impala SS. Also, are the seats (size wise) identical to a 66 Chevelle?

[This message has been edited by Bob70 (edited 10-06-99).]

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the only difference between Chevy and B.O.P seats are the seat covers. Dimensionally, they should be identical. I'd be cautious if those seats came out of a Impala SS. They are definetly Poncho seat covers and if someone is claiming that they are original SS seats, they're scammin ya. If they're claiming it's a #'s matching car, RUN THE NUMBERS, because I'd be willing to bet it's a fake SS.

------------------
Ted Stojkovski
(formerly Skunkynuggets)
(so add about 300+ posts)
Syracuse NY
Team Chevelle #172

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No one claimed anything. I bought this car as a 66 chevelle conv. as is, for parts. I have just had to do some of the investigating myself. The car was an original 66 Chevelle SS396 conv. but it was a basket case, thus the reason for me parting it out. So far all that I have found that were not OEM were these seats and the console. Who knows, maybe the previous owner liked the GTO style covers and replaced the originals with these. I just want to make sure when I sell these I have the right info.

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh Yeah,
I remember you debating on whether you should pick up that 66 from the yard. Those seats look real clean for a junk yard car. How's the rest of the ride? Is it salvagable as a cruiser, or is it relegated to a parts car? Either way, you got a good score you lucky SOB.

You should post some pictures if you are motivated enough. Pics of old wrecks are cool too.

------------------
Ted Stojkovski
(formerly Skunkynuggets)
(so add about 300+ posts)
Syracuse NY
Team Chevelle #172

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No strictly parts, the body went to the crusher
, I kept the frame though and a bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately most of the car didn't make it, but it had plenty of useful organs to pass onto another lucky recipient. I really wish I could have saved it all, but it was bad plus the tags and vin were MIA. I couldn't even get myself to take pictures of it. I do have plenty of pics of the frame and parts tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.