Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scrounging through some old papers, and found an Application For Arizona Certificate Of Title And Registration for my 1967 Malibu. The new title number was L107240 and the previous title number was G612880 issued on Febuary 4th 1982. I need to find out if where this car was originally titled when it was brand new. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
492 Posts
Where was your car built? Mike, are you the one who was 99% shure your car came from Arizona? If your car was built in Fremont then there is a very good chance it was an original Arizona car if not someone brought into Arizona from out of state, the only reason that I know of if was not built in Fremont is that it was a special car only made at a certain assembly plant.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken - I am the one who was 99% sure. I do know that it was built in Kansas City. When the title was transferred in 1982 it had 30,000 miles on it and had an Arizona title at that time.

I guess that I would like to be sure where it was first titled.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I to have a Az. car that was built in kc. It came here to Wi. in 82. Title says73 up near the top. That should be the 2nd owner, hopefully they can locate the first. Ken K thanks for that link. I'll let you know what happens.

------------------
R.W.Johnson 68 SS 396
T.C. gold# 227
A.C.E.S. #3358

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ken - I think that the form indicates that it was first titled in Arizona in 1/67. At least that is what the form says near the top. Is that what that space is for? I don't totally believe that though, because the powertrain parts were all cast in June/July '67.

Mike

I'll try calling the Arizond DOT.

[This message has been edited by Unclepennybags (edited 08-20-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.