Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,557 Posts
I think they should bring some of those Austrailian Holdens over here. A nice little coupe with the LS1 or LS6...
I think that would be a good compromise between a sporty car like the Camaro and a family sport sedan...

I guess this means no more rear drive Chevy cars (except the Vette)...

------------------
"Once you go RAT, you never go back..."
TC #1366
Tony
1966 SS L78 coupe
1966 SS convertible
1965 Impala convertible
1 wife that has drawn the line...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Tis a sad day in Cam Head Land.
Now about those Holdens, I'd buy one.
Heck I liked the Nomad Concept of 2 years ago.
I would like a car with the Camaro's Power Train, that I could use as a family transport. Kinda a modern day CHEVELLE.

------------------
They say I'm crazy, but I have a good time.
68 SS-396/68 Corvette

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
And they're closing the plant. That doesn't sound like they plan on releasing a revamped model in the near future.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
It's sad, but I can't claim innocence since I don't have an F-body in my driveway. St. Therese built the bulk of Canadian Impala SS & Canadian Pontiac 2+2 (Chevy/Pontiac hybrid) models back in the sixties, as well as the bulk of full-sized convertibles.
A Camaro SS convertible is looking better all the time...

·
Registered
108 Posts
WELL THANK GOD THE TWO CARS ARE ONLY ON A HIATUS. THAT STILL LEAVES SOME ROOM FOR THE TWO CARS TO COME BACK. ITS TOO BAD, IT WAS COOL THOUGH BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY WAS ON THE EVENING NEWS HERE.

NICK

·
Registered
2,698 Posts

------------------
2000 WS6 Trans Am
ASC #7894
------------------
70 SS396 Chevelle

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think they will be missed.I had an 84 z28 ho for a few years then had the chance to drive an ls1 6 speed z28.I sold the old one and bought the new one is less than two weeks.For those that havent had a chance to drive one they are very surprising cars.the engine and tranny are very smooth,the build quality is much improved,and when stomped on this car will easily out run my chevelle,all while getting 28 mpg on the highway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.