Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one tried or know anything about comp cams thumper cams? any good ,sound like they say ,power and what not?

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
a noisemaker deal for those that are easily influenced by marketing campaigns, IMHO.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The idea is neat; find a cam that works and change parameters that don't make a big difference to make the cam sound larger than it really is to give the engine a nice sound.

In practice, I wouldn't use one on an engine that I cared much about the power output. It is enough of a science to get a good cam for a particular engine without purposely doing things wrong. Now for an engine that I was only building to look and sound cool, this cam line would probably fit the bill.

As a cam company I probably would have released this line a decade ago. Most of the world takes an average smogger small block and drops $300 worth of parts on it and calls it good with a cool 450 HP. For those people this cam will really sell and won't make a big difference for their already horribly matched and worn engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.