Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 69 corvette with the original numbers 350, 350hp 4-speed with air conditioned convertible. Motor was rebuilt by previous owner about 4000 miles ago. Everything still stoke intake, Quadrajet, Exhaust manifolds, just like it came from G.M. I don't think she runs as strong as she should for an 11 to one compression 350 so pulled timing cover to check cam, it's installed at 113 centerline with 170 cranking compression. My choice is either advance cam 8* or change cam to one of lunati's voodo cams either the 102 or 103. I believe the cam is the original Gm.

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
go for the voodo 103 and a 3000 stall youll thank your self later and can always say its stock lol

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
This is the same cam as the later L82 motors. I ran that cam in a 9.5/1 350" motor. It does run good but is kind of lazy. Biggest problem you will have is detonation. I would bet the timing curve is still set very slow. Those motors liked a lot of advance and early do to the high domes and small chambers, but they would ping. To really make it run, you need to look into a small solid flat cam that will run to 6500, then you can run that motor like it was designed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts