Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68' Malibu 307 and it had a powerglide but I just took it out and put in the turbo-350. I've taken the car to a mechanic a bit ago and he told me that one of the rollers on my cam is flat. Now the thing is what kind of performence would it be if I replaced it with a new cam and a 4-barrel. I was thinking of a holly carb, and about 600cfm. What should I do about a cam? And any idea on how much boost of performence would this make? Also I would need info on distributers, whats all the HEI talk and how much and what kind of difference does it make and what kind of performence? Thanks for any input guys.

[This message has been edited by wetlib187 (edited 05-31-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
You'll like the new cam/4bbl. Definately consider a Quadrajet. You'll get good mileage, and excellant performance. For cam selection it would be best to call Crane, or Comp cams and let them know what the rear end ratio/engine/vehicle weight....are for your vehicle. They should be able to help you pick out a top-drawer cam for your application.

H.E.I. is nice, but I had to dimple the firewall on my 1970 to get it to fit. Remember that it needs 12V so you can't use your regular coil wire because that wire has a resistance built into it.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.